Monday, January 2, 2012

First foods! A culinary adventure.

"Why in the world would you feed her avocado??"

That's what my grandma said when I told her what we chose as Ami's first food.

Well, I guess my best reason is because she is a California girl.  But seriously, avocado is a great first food for a baby.  The texture is smooth and creamy, it is rich in good fats and lots of vitamins, and best of all, you don't have to cook it.   Babies rarely have an allergic reaction to it and it's not a simple carb, like white rice cereal.  See how Amira felt about it:


"Mmmm...guacamole!"


"Exciting!!"


"What the??"


"Blech!"


"But the spoon sure is delicious!"


"I can feed myself!"



"OK, we can try that again..."


"What the???"


"I love avocado!"


"Butternut squash?"


"Yeah, I like that too." 

2 comments:

  1. Avocado was CG's first food too! I can't believe she is so big already.

    ReplyDelete